Every apprentice hairdresser is required to attend a Registered Training Organization (1 day per week or fortnight) for compulsory off-the-job training. Reds Academy has partnered with CQUniversity and offers something different for you to consider.
REDS ACADEMY is a boutique training alternative, nurturing a self-paced approach to learning for both Reds staff as well as apprentice from other salons. This unique blend offers small class sizes with salon-simulated opportunities, where students are expertly guided through the theoretical and practical aspects included in SHB30416 – Certificate III in Hairdressing.
- CQUniversity is responsible for the quality of training and assessment provided and for the issuing of all qualifications and statements of attainment. CQUniversity is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), RTO Code 40939. For further information about CQUniversity visit www.cqu.edu.au.
- As Lead RTO for the Project, CQUniversity is responsible for, ensuring compliance with the VET Quality Framework and the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2015.
- Reds Academy Trainer and Assessors Matthew Perrin and Lisa Blackie meet ASQA standard requirements and are authorised by CQUniversity.
- Under the Agreement Reds Academy qualify to deliver the VET Qualification – SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing (28 units).
- Reds Academy qualifies to deliver this NEW training package to all Reds Salon apprentices as well as apprentices employed by other salons.
SHB30416 CERTIFICATE III IN HAIRDRESSING
This course is designed for Australian residents registered with DETE undertaking the standard Certificate III in Hairdressing. Eligible students must be currently employed by a hairdressing salon as an apprentice hairdresser OR school-based apprentice.
On successful completion of your SHB30416 – Certificate III in Hairdressing, you will be equipped with the theory and practical components required as a qualified trades person with a nationally recognised Certificate III in Hairdressing.
Credits and Recognition of Current Competencies (RCC) will also be given for any units of study already completed at another registered training organisation.
Hours of attendance are 9.00am – 5.00pm each alternate Monday.
The Queensland Government provides apprenticeship funding for eligible students. CQUniversity are responsible for all fees and will be able to advise your eligibility for possible incentives.
For more information please visit:
- The QLD Government website: https://training.qld.gov.au/providers/funded/userchoice/pricing
- CQUniversity page: https://www.cqu.edu.au/courses/study-areas/service-industries/certificate-iii/certificate-iii-in-hairdressing